There are a few common misunderstandings about the duties of a locksmith. Many people think that a locksmith simply unlocks doors, but there is much more to the profession.
A locksmith is a skilled individual whose job consists of creating and implementing security mechanisms. These individuals are typically in charge of locking doors, providing access codes for electronic keypads, and installing various entry devices such as mortise cylinders, night latches, deadbolts, W2OM biometric fingerprint locks, etc. A locksmith often works in an office or a storefront. They may also work on-site at companies, hospitals, schools, and government agencies.
Read more: Can Locksmiths Make Car Keys?
What Are The Duties Of A Locksmith?
Locksmithing is not just about making keys; it’s also about repairing and replacing old, faulty locks. If keys are lost, damaged, or outdated, they must be replaced. A locksmith will inspect the defective lock and recommend what to do, whether it’s replacing the lock or repairing it. Locksmiths also cut keys. When an individual loses their only house or car keys, a locksmith will come to their aid; they can make copies of new keys that will work on any existing locks.
A locksmith’s duties may vary depending on the type of locksmith they are. There are several different types of a locksmith, including residential, automotive, and commercial.
Residential locksmiths generally install and repair home locks and keys. They may also be called upon to open locked homes or change the combination on a home safe.
Automotive locksmiths generally work on car doors, windows, and ignition systems. They can usually open cars when the keys are locked inside, although some may also be able to make new car keys.
Commercial locksmiths deal with more sensitive security measures. They often work for businesses and are responsible for installing alarm systems, changing passwords, and ensuring that all security systems work in optimum performance. Our company can provide lock repair in areas including Ajax, Vaughan, Woodbridge, Milton, Brampton, and more.
Read more: Do Locksmiths Rip You Off?
What Services Do Locksmiths Offer?
Do you need to hire a new locksmith? If so, you may be unsure what services they typically offer and how much they charge. Here’s a list of common services:
- Repairs: This includes fixing or replacing damaged locks and making copies of lost keys.
- New lock installation: A locksmith can help you pick out a new lock for your home or business and install it.
- Emergency lockout assistance: If someone locked themselves out of their home or car, a locksmith could assist in gaining entry by picking the lock or drilling the door open. Many locksmiths do not service vehicles, but some offer this service.
- Rekeying: This allows you to completely change the lock on your home or business without getting new keys cut. A locksmith will disassemble your existing lock and rekey it so that the same key opens the new one.
- Master keying: If you own a home or business, it may be possible to master key the property. This means that several people will share one key while having their keys for their room. For example, if four people should have access to the front door but should not necessarily have access to each other’s rooms, they can share one key, and each has their room key.
- High security locks: These are used to increase a business’ or home’s security. Some examples include Medeco, Mul-T-Lock, and Schlage Primus. They’re known as high security because they require special equipment to pick them open.
Benefits Of Professional Locksmith On-Call
There are many benefits to having a professional locksmith on-call. Whether you’re in need of car lockouts, house lockout emergencies, or any other type of locksmith service, having quick access to this kind of help is essential.
- Affordable prices
- High-quality service
- Licensed, bonded, and insured
- Expertise & knowledge
- Various services
- Better home security
- Fast response times
- Comfort in knowing help is always available
- Emergency lockout assistance
A professional locksmith in Toronto can offer high-quality services at very affordable prices. They also have the expertise and knowledge needed to get the job done right. Many people also find comfort in knowing that locksmith technicians are fully licensed, bonded, and insured, so you will never worry about receiving sub-par work or overcharged fees.
Read more: 5 Tips to Prevent House Lockouts
Emergency Locksmith Services Toronto
A reliable locksmith can handle any situation, whether it’s having your locks re-keyed, gaining entrance to your home after locking yourself out, or adding new locks for added security. A good locksmith can also offer invaluable advice on the best ways to protect your home and family from burglaries.
If you are ever stranded outside of your home or office and need assistance, call on a locksmith for help. At Emergency Toronto Locksmith, we provide 24/7 service so that you can get back into your property as soon as possible. We also offer a wide range of services such as lock installation, key duplication, and more. Contact us today to learn more about our services!